Power steering out. Terrain management fault

Discussion in 'Engine Performance and Mods' started by Brapptor, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Brapptor

Brapptor Full Access Member

hey all. So the day I go pick up my truck. She's lookin pretty after all the hall damage is fixed. I turn it on. And the power steering doesn't work. The terrain modes won't switch and I get fault errors on screen. The guys tried to clear the code at body shop but it wouldn't. I dropped it off working fine besides the body damage. It seems like an electronics issue? They had disconnected the moon roof to replace it. Any ideas on quick fixes or similar experiences?

2. Brapptor

Brapptor Full Access Member

So I fully disconnected the battery and the warnings went away, power steering started working and all drive modes worked. At least proves it's not hardware. Hopefully won't happen to anyone else

3. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

well, i can't speak to your specific issue but i've had random gremlins with the electronics. Sync display not coming on, memory setting not working for driver mirror, etc. All minor things that clear themselves. I'll mention it the next time it's in for service.

Another benefit of disconnecting the battery is it resets your MPG's in the on board system. It's nice to see that i would maybe actually get that 450 out of a tank. Then i hit the gas and watch it drop like a rock..........

Brapptor likes this.