Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Discussion in 'Engine Performance and Mods' started by Nexmeister, May 18, 2017.

1. Nexmeister

Nexmeister Full Access Member

Anyone else have to sign this when they bought their truck?

basically stating the dealer cannot void your warranty due to aftermarket parts?

2. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

No, but I wonder how that would hold up.

3. Nexmeister

Nexmeister Full Access Member

Federal law. I can post a copy if I get off my ass and look for it again. It states that dealer cannot void your warranty for aftermarket parts. They can dismiss a warranty claim if the AFMKT part caused a failure. But they have to prove with sufficient evidence the AFMKT part caused to problem.

4. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

Yeah I know it as a Mustang guy. I have also heard many lose warranty trying to use that Act because Ford will spend what it takes in court to not have to warranty not only your vehicle but everyone else that tunes theirs.

Not worth it in my book, but others of course have their opinion.

Two Dogs likes this.
  5. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Active Member

I'm with you Vikes. I've been through Mustangs, Jeeps and Subaru and in every forum I see people stating the dealer can't void your warranty unless they prove the aftermarket parts caused the problem. This is bull****. They can void your warranty for getting dirt on your tires, its then up to you to take them to court and fight under the MM act. Good luck with that.